FOR DAVINCI RESOLVE 17.2
In DaVinci Resolve you can go to “timeline”, move all the way down to “Output Blanking” and select a number between 1.33 and 2.40. Another option is to use PNG overlays. Both methods are slow and are not really flexible. I wanted an intuitive blanking option where you can change the aspect ratio fast using sliders for the edit page, so I created my own “Blanking Generator”. Free for download.
MINIMAL, FAST & EASY TO USE
JUST 4 SLIDERS
even rounder corner
round corner & soft edge
HOW TO INSTALL
1. Download the “mononodes-blanking.drfx” file.
2. Go to Fusion page. Drag & drop the “mononodes-blanking.drfx” file into it. Click: Install.
(In Resolve 17.3 you just can double-click on the .drfx file.)
3. Restart DaVinci Resolve.
4. Go to EDIT Page, Effects Library, Fusion Generators and drag & drop the “Mononodes Blanking” Generator into your timeline.
INSTALL LOCATIONS (Resolve will automatically “install” the .drfx file to this location)
On macOS: Macintosh HD/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/Fusion/Templates/
On Windows: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Support\Fusion\Templates\
On Linux: home/username/.local/share/DaVinciResolve/Fusion/Templates/
HOW TO UNINSTALL
1. Navigate to the appropriate template directory in your file browser.
2. Delete the “mononodes-blanking.drfx” file.
mediafire.com / 1.93 KB
mediafire.com / 2.38 KB
To install “.drfx” Bundles you
will need DaVinci Resolve 17.2.
Free or Studio Version.
If you have any questions / suggestions / comments, feel free
to contact me at stefanATmononodesDOTcom
If you want to support me and the content here,
then you can ‘buy me a coffee‘. Always appreciated.